Sunday, June 24, 2012

Elevating With ' Darlene's Utopia ' : DU's Conversation Series 11


                                                       Darlenes Utopia

It is On!
DU's Conversation Series
11 
"What Will It Take For This To Work?"

Hosted By
Darlene A. Anderson
of 
Darlene's Utopia
September 22, 2012
Early Bird Reservation
With One Free Drink
Friday 6-9 PM



 We all know, there are a lot of people out here, speaking about social issues. The problems in the communities. The problems abroad nationally and internationally. Many speak on it but few have a trail, on the topic.

"I am a clinical case manager by profession.  I acquired a Bachelor’s of Arts, in Sociology, and have applied my education and practices to helping various populations in need for the past fifteen years.  In doing so, I came to realize that the same structure that was utilized for my consumers could also be applied in my own personal life and people close to me.   For example, as a clinical case manager, I would be responsible for assisting people with documenting their short and long term goals and working towards achieving them.  In addition, I would compose a scale of measurement (service plan) that I would periodically refer back to with the client until these goals were met.

There came a time in my own life where I was undergoing various adversities that I could not seem to conquer.  At this point, I literally took a blank service plan and decided that I was going to document every aspect of my life that required modification, and I was going to work at it from a case management perspective.

 In my service plan, I needed additional income, so I decided to join a health and wellness company, Warm Spirit.  This was a network marketing company. As a consultant with this company, one of my functions was to facilitate Pamper Parties with the clients.  I would do a variety of games and pamper treatments with the health products.  What begin to happen was that the ladies would ask me for information in various areas of their lives.  They would say, “Darlene, you’re a case worker right?  How do I get my mother….?  How do I register for …?  My kid needs….?  As a result of this, I begin to give referrals to my clients on a continuum.  Then one day, I said, I think I should host a women’s forum, where I will bring women together and share resources, establish networks, as per their adversities.  I wanted to follow the lives of these women for six months and assist them in elevating professionally and personally.  This was the beginning of Darlene’s Utopia"



If you are not making solutions real or at least attempting to actualize solutions..



You are just entertaining thoughts...

Venting!


Many are in search for a Utopia

Introducing to you 

    

"Bringing you the latest rave in Social Entertainment"


Elevation2012

No comments:

Post a Comment